Associate Professor Barfield, Chairperson; Professor Bell, Jordan (Interim Associate Dean); Assistant Professor Killman; Instructor Smith
The primary goal of the Department of Exercise Science, Physical Education and Wellness is to prepare future professionals in the fields of teaching, coaching, fitness, wellness and rehabilitation. The secondary goal is to help students understand the benefits of a physically active lifestyle and to develop healthy behaviors for life..
With a degree in Exercise Science, Physical Education and Wellness, one can:
- Teach lifetime wellness in public schools
- Teach physical education K-12
- Coach or be a sport administrator
- Work in or lead a fitness and wellness program in a corporate, hospital or private setting
- Continue their education towards licensure as a physical therapist or an occupational therapist
Students intending to major in Exercise Science are expected to exhibit a healthy level of physical fitness. All majors must take and satisfy the requirements of a departmental Physical Fitness exam annually. Failure to pass this exam will result in an administrative change of major.