- Complete the online application for Undergraduate Transfers at www.tntech.edu/apply by the deadlines listed at the top of this section.
- All first-time applicants must provide a one-time, non-refundable fee of $25. If the applicant has previously paid the UG application fee, then the applicant is not required to pay the UG application fee again.
- Submit official transcripts of all college work completed and a partial transcript if presently enrolled in coursework. Tentative admission may be granted on the basis of partial transcripts if the quality of work at previous institutions clearly meets admission requirements. Submit official final transcripts when all work is completed. Transcripts of all work attempted at the college-level must be submitted. Final admission is granted only after all transcripts and credentials are received.
Official transcripts must originate from the institution attended and are delivered directly to the University. Transcripts may be delivered via post or electronically through an approved vendor (see the Undergraduate Admissions website for approved vendors). Faxed or emailed transcripts that are sent by the student or another person who is not an official representative of the academic institution are not considered official transcripts.
Tennessee Tech Undergraduate Admissions
Campus Box 5006
Cookeville, TN 38505
It is a Class A misdemeanor to misrepresent academic credentials. A person commits the offense of misrepresentation of academic credentials who, knowing that the statement is false and with the intent to secure employment at or admission to an institution of higher education in Tennessee, represents, orally or in writing that the person:
- Has successfully completed the required course work for and has been awarded one (1) or more degrees or diplomas from an accredited institution of higher education;
- Has successfully completed the required course work for and has been awarded one (1) or more degrees for diplomas from a particular institution of higher education; or
- Has successfully completed the required course work for and has been awarded one (1) or more degrees or diplomas in a particular field or specialty from an accredited institution of higher education.
4. Students who have NOT earned 24 transferrable college-level hours are required to submit an official final high school transcript or GED/HiSET scores. Those who have not completed college-level Math or English courses must follow ACCUPLACER testing guidelines. Students under the age of 21 who have completed fewer than 24 semester hours must also submit official ACT/SAT scores.
5. Additional items may be requested per the Office of Admissions in order to ensure a complete review of an applicant.
6. In compliance with the requirements of the Office of Residential Life, an application and prepayment for on-campus housing should be submitted to the Office of Residential Life if the student is transferring with 29 or fewer credits (see Residential Life).
7. Each applicant should complete and return the Student Health Form, the Hepatitis/Meningitis Wavier Form, and supply requisite immunization documentation before registering for courses. Forms are available to download from the Health Services website at www.tntech.edu/healthservices. (See “Health Requirements” section for more information.)
8. Notification of the admission decision will be sent via mail, email and will be available online. If admitted, information concerning orientation and registration will follow either via mail or email. The admission decision can be viewed by logging into the application portal.