Lisa Zagumny, Dean
Julie C. Baker, Associate Dean
Departments and Programs
The College of Education consists of three diverse departments, offering a variety of bachelor’s, master’s Specialist and PhD degrees. The academic units are Counseling and Psychology, Curriculum and Instruction, and Exercise Science, Physical Education and Wellness (EXPW). The majority of the College’s degrees offer a teacher licensure component and it is the largest graduate college.
The College also operates four support units. A Director heads each division. These are the Child Development Lab, College of Education Student Success Center, the Learning Resources Center, and the Office of Teacher Education. Additionally, the College offers an off-campus 2+2 program for elementary education majors at 8 sites across Tennessee.
Programs within the College are accredited by:
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
- Prepare effective, engaging professionals through a clinically rich, evidence-based program with a network of mutually benefical partnerships.
- Engage, educate, and empower professionals in teaching, school leadership, counseling, psychology, and professional health careers.
- Provide a high quality preparation program for doctoral students in Applied Behavior Analysis, Literacy, Program Planning and Evaluation, and STEM Education.
- Ensure the success of individual students in their majors.
- Provide a model childhood development laboratory.
Admission to the College of Education
The undergraduate curricula in the College of Education lead to the degree of Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science in Education,. Each candidate must complete the curriculum for the major subject and must comply with university requirements for a degree.
Students receive provisional admission upon meeting the admission policies of the institution. For licensure students, admission to the Teacher Education Program requires additional criteria. Click here for admission to the Teacher Education Program.
College of Education Student Success Center
Go to information for the College of Ed Student Success Center.
Office of Teacher Education
Go to information for the Office of Teacher Education.
Learning Resources Center Library
Go to information for the Learning Resources Center Library.