The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    Tennessee Technological University
  Jan 18, 2018
2017-2018 Undergraduate Catalog

Admission as a Special Undergraduate Student


A Special Undergraduate student is not a candidate for a degree; however, this classification allows one to register for undergraduate courses, obtain grades, and have these grades recorded on an official University transcript. This classification includes students who have and have not yet received a bachelor’s degree. Applicants who are not currently in good standing at the last college attended cannot be admitted as a Special Undergraduate student. Admission as a Special Undergraduate student may be granted a person if it appears that he or she may successfully engage in college work and that enrollment will be beneficial to the person and to the University.
Admission as a Special Undergraduate Student does not guarantee enrollment in any course. After gaining admission, the student is subject to normal procedures for registering for courses. Application for admission to this classification should be filed at least thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of the semester in which enrollment is desired. All fees are the same as for regular students.
All individuals wishing to be admitted in this classification should select “Non-Degree Seeking/Special” as a major and indicate “Special” status. The ACCUPLACER assessment is required for students enrolling in English or mathematics courses. Special students are not eligible for federal and state financial aid.