The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    Tennessee Technological University
  Jan 19, 2018
2014-2015 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Requirements for a Second Undergraduate Degree

A student may qualify for a second baccalaureate degree from Tennessee Technological University by completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours at Tennessee Technological University beyond the requirements for the first baccalaureate degree, providing the student meets all prescribed requirements in the specified curriculum for the second degree and with the approval of the chairperson of the department offering the second degree.

A person who has a baccalaureate degree from another institution* and who, in addition, desires a baccalaureate degree from Tennessee Technological University must fulfill all requirements for a second degree as stated in the previous paragraph and must complete a minimum of 25 percent of the credit for the degree in residence. TTU general education requirements will be considered met, with the following exceptions:

  1. Any general education courses that are required for progression in the major program must be completed.
  2. In addition, if the first baccalaureate degree is from a non English-speaking university, the student must complete DSP Reading and DSP Writing or pass the Compass Exam or complete any additional ESL support work needed in the necessary discipline at FLS International prior to enrolling in DSP reading and DSP writing.

*American degrees must be accredited by an approved agency, and foreign institutions must be approved as “reputable.” These approvals will be obtained through consultation with the Director of International Education, the relevant TTU department chairs, and/or appropriate faculty members.